Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014- Halfway Through January ALREADY!!!

Well, here it is halfway through January and I'm already slacking off on posting and the promised "more pictures":)  I am not going to lie, it has been a TOUGH YEAR ALREADY!!

We started the new school "year" with going back to dance combined with a new employee at work and BAM!  UTTER CHAOS!  We have been super busy at work which is great, but at the end of the workday I feel like a big stress ball. That really did not bode well for me last week.  That dresser, the beginning of all things beautiful and victorious in 2014, still a dresser sitting empty.

BUT... this week I am doing better.  I started the week off rough but after a somewhat scary doctor's appointment realized I have to RELAX.  Not watch TV, not take a nap, but actively RELAX.  That may sound like an oxymoron, but if you know me you understand.  I have been reading more, praying more, breathing more, and I actually made it to kickboxing tonight (only because of a couple of AWESOME friends, you know who you are!).  I started walking, not for exercise but to de-stress.  Walking in the morning, walking at work, walking at night, just walking.  It helps a lot for me. 

So, until the end of the month I am going to just try to keep taking advantage of more and more healthy outlets.  I'm not worrying about training, dieting, etc.  I am just trying to take one bad habit and work on it little by little, using the tools at my disposal to help. 

Now I'm off to eat a late dinner with my girlies and snuggle in for a little comedy TV and probably a long hot shower to ease some of these sore muscles.  Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. don't know if my other post made it..of course I had to reset my password AGAIN..lol..so just know I love you, I think you are making really good choices in your health , mental and emotional care and rocking it. love you! your mama

    ReplyDelete